Originally posted on Couldn’t Be Parve
(adapted from epicurious.com)
Yield: 12-16 servings
- 1 9-ounce package chocolate wafer cookies (or chocolate graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted margarine, melted
- 1 18-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
- 2 8-ounce packages toffuti cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chilled mimiccreme healthy top
- 1/2 cup soy milk minus one tablespoon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Blend cookies, sugar and cinnamon in processor to fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and blend well using on/off turns.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of 10-inch-diameter springform pan.
- Bake until crust starts to puff and darkens slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Using electric mixer, beat peanut butter and cream cheese in large bowl to blend.
- Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
- Using clean dry beaters, beat 2 cups mimiccreme healthy top in medium bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into peanut butter mixture in 4 additions.
- Spoon filling into prepared crust.
- Combine soymilk, 1/4 cup sugar and margarine in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to simmer.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool topping 5 minutes. Spread topping evenly over filling.
- Refrigerate cake until cold, about 4 hours. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead.
- Cover cake and keep refrigerated.)
- Serve cake chilled.