This comes to us, as so many good things do, from our friends over at Joy of Kosher.
- 3/4 cup Soy Sauce Dressing
- 3/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Grated ginger root
- 3/4 cup Bottled hot pepper seasoning
- 12 Firm tofu slices (1 lb. 14 oz.), drained
- 3 quarts Cut salad greens (1 lb. 8 oz.)
- 3/4 teaspoon Diagonally sliced green onions
- 12 Small tomato slices
- 1 tablespoon Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Soybean oil (vegetable oil), as needed
- Ginger Dressing: Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Dry tofu slices thoroughly between several layers of paper towels. Lightly brush tofu with oil and Ginger Dressing; sprinkle with garlic salt. Grill tofu on a well-oiled grill* until golden brown on both sides.
- Toss greens with remaining Ginger Dressing, portion onto individual serving plates. Place two tofu slices on each bed of lettuce; sprinkle with green onions and garnish with 2 tomato slices. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Tofu may be cooked in a lightly oiled non-stick skillet over medium heat until golden on both sides.