As I wrote about earlier, we are in a new house, with new (and somewhat older) appliances. One of my wife’s biggest concerns was the oven. Too small for half of our baking pans to fit, with signs of heavy (if loving) use, there was no guarentee that it was going to operate consistently, well or at all in any given situation.
After we moved in, we saw our fears recede – it warmed wonderfully, cooked competently, and broiled with the best of them. But the real test – challah – didn’t come up until this past Shabbat.
I’m happy to report that the oven performed admirably:
This was taken after the “rising” step. But the final baked product was equally impressive (if not moreso).
For those interested in the challah recipe we use, you can find it here.